Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Music Never Stopped.....

Every now and then, a movie comes along that you just have to see..... not often are there movies about music. I read about this movie on a Facebook ad; The Music Never Stopped caught my eye, and I had to see what it was all about. The more I read about the movie, the more I knew I just HAD to see it. The movie originally premiered at the Sundance Film Festival to rave reviews. And it certainly didn't hurt that it stars one of my favorite actors, J.K. Simmons as the father.


I didn't know at the time this was a song title from the Grateful Dead. I was never a huge fan of the band, but neither was the father in the movie. The movie is based on a case study by Dr Oliver Sacks called "The Last Hippie". The story shows the relationship between a father and his long lost son recently reconnected through the son's cerebral trauma. The Music Never Stopped is truly the most heartwarming, oft gut-wrenching story of father and son struggling to bond only through the music that ironically tore them apart two decades earlier. 


This story shows that love and devotion prevails if you open your heart and learn to accept others for who they are. 




TheMusicNeverStopped


TheMusicNeverStopped-Facebook-Page


TheMusicNeverStopped - DVD on Amazon


TheMusicNeverStopped - Redbox


No comments:

Post a Comment