Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mood Music.....

Ahhh, a nice rainy day here in Phoenix, Arizona.... We don't get many of them, but when we do,we revel in it. So many things I love about the rain - waking up to it on a day off from work, opening the curtains to watch it come down; so very relaxing. My definite favorite part of a rainy day is the feeling it gives you and the mood it puts you in. For me, I celebrate with rainy day music and a movie.


Straight up music? Evanescence's album Fallen. I can listen to it top to bottom on any rainy day. Probably the most "rain" type song would be Going Under:


Looking at the rainy day movie, I pick the original, the best.... The Crow starring Brandon Lee every time. Not only did Brandon Lee give the performance of his life, literally, for this movie, but the soundtrack for the film is easily my favorite movie soundtrack over any other. Stone Temple Pilots, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against The Machine, The Cure, Violent Femmes, Pantera, just to name a few. How could you not love a soundtrack with so many music legends??? My favorite widely known track is definitely Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots:






Even the lesser known bands on the soundtrack are just so fitting for the movie and amazing...  My favorite lesser known song is Golgotha Tenement Blues by Machines of Loving Grace:




What's your favorite rainy day soundtrack?



No comments:

Post a Comment