Friday, April 22, 2011

Song Challenge Day 7 - A Song That Reminds You Of A Certain Event

I like this topic... this was an easy choice, too. My very first concert I went to I was only 10 years old. My parents were going with two friends, and last minute one of them couldn't make it. So, my mom asked me if I wanted to go. I said yes! Going to a concert at 10 years old? How exciting! Who did I have the pleasure of seeing? Mr Billy Joel himself at the Worcester Centrum back in 1986. It was winter sometime and snowing that day. The show was fantastic... I knew all the songs and most all the words to them. We even had binoculars with us so I could zoom in and see Billy Joel better (our seats were far back and high up nosebleeds, but I didn't care... boy have I changed since then!). We got home very late, probably around 1:30am or something as I recall. It was snowing heavily, and my poor dad had to shovel the driveway in the middle of the night just so he could pull our car into the garage!

Well, here is the song I remember the most from that night... Big Shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment